In our last blog we shared ...
3. Cookies and Collection of User Information. Users may browse and read general Website content without revealing Personal Information other than default information customarily logged by the Website and its host server. The Company, the Website and the host server may automatically collect certain information from all Users who access the Website, including without limitation:
(a) Date and time of access;
(b) The originating IP address from which the User accessed the Website;
(c) The Internet address of third-party websites from which the User accessed or linked to the Website; and
(d) Pages and portions of the Website the User views or accesses.
5. Use of Personal Information. Users who register for a personal account or purchase items through the Website must provide a valid e-mail address along with other identifying Personal Information. The Company and the Website may use Users’ Personal Information from time to time in order to contact Users for purposes of updating required information and providing important information about (a) products and services offered by the Company and the Website, (b) changes to Website policies, rules, procedures and practices, and (c) User’s personal accounts. Company and Website do not and will not sell or disclose User names or e-mail addresses to third parties and do not engage in “spamming” or other unsolicited e-mail contact for purposes of marketing, advertising or sales. Our mailing list is “opt in” only. Users may opt out of the Company’s advertising and news-related mailing lists at any time by updating their account preferences. Users may not opt out of purchase notices and notices regarding changes to the Company’s and the Website’s terms and conditions, because these notices are important to Users’ interaction with the Company. The Company may also use Personal Information for internal Company purposes, including without limitation auditing, data analysis, and research. Users who submit Personal Information to or in connection with Company and/or Website contests also agree to use of the relevant Personal Information in accordance with the relevant contest terms and conditions.
7. Protection of Personal Information. Secure portions of the Website, such as the Brilliant Perspectives Shopping Cart and the Brilliant Book House Online Store, use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on portions of the Website where Personal Information is collected. Users who wish to make purchases from the Website must use an SSL-enabled browser (for example, Safari, Firefod, or Internet Explorer) to help protect the security of the User’s Personal Information.
8. User Access to Personal Information. Each User may access his or her own Personal Information and account information for the limited purposes of viewing, verifying, altering, correcting, or updating Personal Information provided to the Company and the Website. The Company and the Website reserve the right to keep copies of information provided by Users.
12. California Privacy Rights. The Company and the Website are organized and operated in the state of California and pursuant to California law. The California Civil Code permits Users and customers of the Company and the Website to request certain information regarding disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at CaliforniaPrivacyRights [at] EmergingLight [dot] com or CaliforniaPrivacyRights [at] BrilliantBookhouse [dot] com.